Enjoy Earth Day theme and activities to introduce the idea of Earth Day to your toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten age kids. These activities are suitable for preschool, kindergarten, and even elementary age kids! You can easily set up the ideas to celebrate the earth day to suit the needs of your kids!
Print out these Earth Day slogans with images, videos and posters 2019 too!
Awesome Earth Day Activities for Kindergarten Kids
As Earth Day is around the corner, the internet is full of Earth Day activities for kindergarten and kids. The ideas range from recycling crafts and art to outdoor gardening to kid-friendly recipes. Here are some awesome ideas to celebrate Earth Day with your kids.
Make a Trash Rainbow
This can be done in 2 parts – arranging one day, making a rainbow the other day. Be sure all that materials you use are safe for the age of the child you are doing this with.
1. Collect your materials. You will need a huge piece of paper, coloured pencils/markers, glue, scissors, small squares of paper in the colours of the rainbow, 7 small containers, a mixed mess of “garbage” -paper/buttons/foam/ toys/ribbon in the standards of the rainbow.
2. Next, fill a container with all the “garbage”
3. Start arranging by colour.
4. Then add glue. You can add two glue for a few colours at a time.
5. Add the objects
6. Add some more objects.
7. Let your rainbow craft completely dry.
Make a Nature Shadowbox
To make these lovely shadow boxes, star by pouring glue into shoebox lids. fill the lid with enough glue that the nature items can lay firmly in the glue.
Collect Items in Nature
Next, bring the children outside to collect natural items to put in their glue. Guide them to look for something different each time so they would have a diversity of items to put in the glue.
The children will probably find leaves, pine needles, sticks, acorns, rocks, flowers, and a few other nature items to add to their shoe boxes.
Design the Shadow Box
Some of the children might be selective as to where they set their items in the box. Other children will just place their items anywhere in the box.
Add a Colorful Effect
Once the children add enough supply of items to their box lids, then start adding some colour. the children will love this next step.
For the next step, set out cups of a little watered down tempera, paint and some brushes. The children will the brushes to lightly sprinkle different paint on the glue. Then let them dry for a week and enjoy the beautiful creativity of your kiddos!
Make a Fingerprint World
Supplies for Fingerprint Earth:
White Painter Canvas – purchase this 3-pack of the canvas. They are thin and cool to the frame.
- Acrylic Paints– this is 12 colour basic set. Remember you can mix colours to make a new shade of your choice instead of buying multiple bottles of paint.
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Card stock, scissors, and tape
Directions for the Fingerprint Earth:
- Make sure you give yourself enough time to let each person’s dry. This may take several days to finish.
- On a piece of hefty weight paper, draw the earth design. Try to use a basic world design.
- Cut out the circle and the continents.
- Tape the outer circle and the earth continents. Only let the “water” showing on the canvas. Paint it and let it dry.
- Remove the continents and fill in with land colours.
- Each person will add a fingerprint at the end in their colour. Let the crayon completely dry before signing. For kids, cover up the other space it can be very clear where they’ll need to write.
Earth Day Crafts and Activities for Kids
Do you need a simple and easy art project for Earth Day?
Things you need
- crayon or glue
- card stock
- Download the Earth Day printable Heart from any website.
- Use crayon or glue to create a watercolour resin fence on the black lines.
- Watercolour green and blue between the lines.
- Cut out the beautiful Earth Day heart and hang it.
Help motivate your children to be earth conscious with our Earth Day Quiz.